Delhi, Budget

Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) initiated the Digital Village Pilot project on 31stOctober 2018 covering 700 Gram Panchyats/villages across the country under the pilot implementation which includes 33 Gram Panchayats (GP)/villages of Gujarat, one each from the 33 districts in Gujarat.

In terms of world proved coal and lignite reserve at the end of 2017,India stands fifth afterUSA, Russia, Australia & China as per the Statistics published by International Energy Agency

Government of India has been promoting Organic farming in the country through dedicated schemes namely Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY) and Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North Eastern Region (MOVCDNER) since 2015-16 to cater to the needs of domestic and export markets respectively. Both the schemes stress on end to end support to organic farmers i.e from production to certification and marketing. Post harvest management support including processing, packing, marketing is made integral part of these schemes to encourage organic farmers.

As per information there are 662336 villages in the country. Further, out of 257816 Gram Panchayats (GPs)/ Rural Local Bodies (RLBs) across the country, 59657 are not having their own building. ‘Panchayat’ being “local government”, which is part of the State List of Seventh Schedule of the Constitution of India is a State subject. Hence, providing infrastructural facilities such as Panchayat Building, electricity, computers etc are primarily the responsibility of the State.

To achieve the objective of “Housing for All” by 2022, the erstwhile rural housing scheme, Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY) has been restructured into Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana- Gramin (PMAY-G) w.e.f. 1st April, 2016. Under PMAY-G, the target is construction of 2.95 crore houses by 2022. The identification of beneficiaries under PMAY-G is based on the housing deprivation parameters and exclusion criteria prescribed under Socio Economic Caste Census (SECC) 2011 after due verification by Gram Sabha and Appellate Process.

Karnataka Watershed Development Project-II (Sujala-III) has flnancial assistance from the World Bank by Goverment of Karnataka. The original outlay of the project was Rs.5 14.40 crore (USD 85'70 million); of which 70% was International Development Association credit (IDA credit No: 5087-tN) and the rest 30% was the share of Government of Karnataka.

As per data from Central Bureau of Health Intelligence (CBHI), State / Union Territory (UT) wise details of cases of Acute Respiratory Infection (ARI),in the country during the years 2016-2018 are given in Annexure. In January 2019, Government launched National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) to tackle the problem of air pollution in a comprehensive manner with targets to achieve 20 to 30 %reduction in PM10 and PM2.5 concentrations by 2024, keeping 2017 as base year.

As per the available information on PARIVESH, there are 11 projects, located in North Eastern Region including Assam, which are at various stages of appraisal under Environment Impact Assessment Notification, 2006 and its amendment from time to time in the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change. There are no cases pending in the Ministry for grant of approval (Stage II Clearance) under Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980 for North Eastern Region.

The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has issued show cause directions to 31 units of 14 thermal power plants on 31.01.2020 for non-compliance of CPCB’s directions dated 11.12.2017 issued for ensuring compliance of emission standards prescribed by Government of India. According to Ministry of Power, there are 650 units (196667 MW) installed in the country, out of 650 units, 75 units (8304 MW) have been retired so far due to various reasons including environmental issues such as Badarpur TPS (Units – 1 to 5) of NTPC Ltd. and Rajghat TPS (Unit – 1 & 2) of IPGCL.

Pages